Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ms. Kavern's 6th Grade Class

Happy New Year!!! I trust all of you had a wonderful holiday season. Time goes by so fast, I can't believe it is almost February, This past week I brought Character Counts and the 6 pillars of character to Ms. Kavern's 6th grade class. It was so nice to be back in a classroom and to see all the students so eager to learn. My focus with the students was explaining to them the 6 pillars of character, and also about having integrity and what that means. Simple put it is doing the right thing when no one is watching. Sixth grade is a big year in school for many students. It is where they start to really develop their character. We talked about dealing with peer pressure, gossip and texting. I made sure to tell them that before they act or say something they need to stop and ask themselves if they are doing the right thing in the situation. We also talked about simple everyday situations where they can show good character, like being respectful to parents and teachers or by helping a friend. At the end of out talk one studetns asked me "What the best prize was that I won when I was crowned Mrs. California Intl. 2010 ?" The question was not hard to answer, even though I have received many wounderful prizes. The best prize is being able to talk to kids about having good character and helping them realize that it is always "cool" to do the right thing and make good choices in life.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Ms.Kavern's Class
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment