Sunday, March 21, 2010

Walk For Thought 2010

At 8am sharp on March 13,2010 my dad, daughter and I took part in the 3rd annual "Walk For Thought", benefiting the California Brain Injury Association. There were six cities selected in California. Bakersfield hosted their event at Yokuts Park. Bakersfield is home to Center for Neuro Skills, they help to rehabilitate and educated people who have suffered from various brain injuries.
Today was an important day for me as Mrs. California Intl. 2010. I was not only there to support this great cause, but also in honor of my dad who suffered thru a brain tumor in 2001. My dad was diagnosed with a maningioma brain tumor on September 11, 2001. This is a slow growing tumor that consists mostly of calcium. The doctors said that it had been growing for more then 15 years. After an eight hour surgery at UCLA Medical Center and a stay in the ICU. I am proud to say the doctors removed all of the tumor. My dad has been tumor and cancer free for nine years.
We walked three miles in support of this organization. I was overwhelmed with emotion. I am so thankful to have my dad in my life. My father could have been gone so easily. We have shared so many wonderful memories, like walking me down the aisle on my wedding day and being their to see the birth of his first grandchild, Lincoln Caroline. I cherish everyday with my dad. Please make sure you tell the people in your life you love them everyday and please get involved in your communities with a platform that is important to you!!! Lots of Love,
Ashley Pavletich: Mrs. California Intl. 2010
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital scrapbooking design customized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment