Monday, July 12, 2010

Bakersfield West Rotary July 2010

Last week I attended Bakersfield's West Rotary inaugural meeting for the 2010-2011 Club President Jim Darling. Since I know Jim personally he asked me if I would share with the audience my experience as Mrs. California Intl. 2010 and about my platform Character Counts. I was honored to speak at the meeting because it was full of people that my husband and I new. The Honorable Mayor Harvey L. Hall presented Doug Harvey, who is being inducted into Baseball's Hall of Fame at the end of the month, with a Key to the City of Bakersfield and spoke about his amazing accomplishments in Baseball.
Nicole Rubin who is the Executive Director of Ronald McDonald House Charities in Southern California gave an amazing and very educational talk about how the Ronald McDonald House Charities were started. They have 300 Houses in 30 Countries that help feed and shelter families who are taking care of sick children. Bakersfield opened it's own Ronald McDonald House in the Spring of 2009 and has offered many families the comfort, care and support that they need. I am so thankful that places like this exist for families. Part of the success of a Ronald McDonald House is due to donations and financial contributions from the city in which it is located. I am proud of my hometown and how the people here constantly give to others; We try to make the community the best that it can be. Our City slogan is " Bakersfield: Life as it should be", and it is so true.

XOXO
Ashley Pavletich
Mrs. California Intl. 2010
Click to play this Smilebox photo album: Bakersfield West Rotary
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Create a photo album

No comments:

Post a Comment