Saturday, October 3, 2009

Character Counts Awards Assembly

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Tompkins Assembly
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Today I attended a Character Counts Awards Assembly at Tompkins Elementary School in Tehachapi. Almost five hundred students took part in the outdoor gathering. During the month of September the students learned about defining character and what it means. It was a joy to see their smiling faces. The K thru 5th graders were excited about their awards. I then spoke to the children about what character is to me and how I applaud that they are learning about it. I reminded them that character has nothing to do with how you look but how you act and treat others. Simply put, it is making the right decision even when no one is around to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment