Sunday, October 18, 2009

Heritage Academy October 15,2009

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Heritage Academy
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


This past week I had the opportunity to bring Character Counts to Heritage Academy. Heritage Academy is very special to me because it is where I taught 6th grade. I was able to talk with a 1st, 3rd and 4th grade class about the importance of making the right choices even when it is hard. The character trait I focused on was RESPECT and even when it is difficult we need to treat others the way we want to be treated. Given that Heritage is a Christian school I was able to incorporate the story of Queen Esther into my talk. Showing the kids that even a Queen in time of trial had to have courage and stand up for what was right. It was a good lesson for the children to hear and a great reminder to me that just becasue you have a crown dose not mean that your life will be without challenges, but to always trust in God and the plan that he has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment